Re: Jumping from one position to other position

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Jumping from one position to other position
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2020 00:11:18 +0100

Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> writes:

> Maybe I just do not know how to use built-in functions like C-SPC
> C-SPC to leave mark, I use it all the time, but maybe I miss
> something.

What do you do when you need the mark for, well, marking, because you
need to copy and paste between the two positions?

Using the mark reminds me of the more general concept of the
global-mark-ring, with a bit of tuning one can also use it to find back
to recent positions conveniently, even across buffers.

Regards,

Michael.