Re: Appending to a list

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Appending to a list
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2020 05:07:37 +0100

steve-humphreys@gmx.com writes:

> Consider I have the following two templates, and want a make a list
> named "tmplt-animal", which I can then pass to org-capture-templates.
>
> (setq org-capture-templates tmplt-animal)
>
> How can I use "push" to do that?
>
> -------- template code --------
> [...]

Seems your list is actually not an element to add that just happens to
be a list, but a list of elements you want to add (but the elements are
also lists again, ehem...)

In this case you want to `append' the lists, not `push'.  You may also
define those bindings using `defvar' if you really want to set all the
used variables at top level.

Michael.