Re: Understanding the "let" construct and the setting of variables

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Understanding the "let" construct and the setting of variables
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2020 06:19:34 +0100

Jean Louis wrote:

>> I think you can avoid using `setq' with lists, strings etc
>> in loops by using `cl-loop' with accumulation.
>
> I am avoiding cl functions by principle to make it easier.
> It does not matter.

They are very useful. I've used 24 of them, 86 times :)

It is not really CL. cl-lib.el is in Elisp. So the cl- prefix
is nothing to be afraid of, on the contrary it's great
stuff :)

Some of the stuff I don't know why I used tho, cl-caddr for
example. Because there is a caddr, in subr.el...

cl-caddr
cl-case
cl-concatenate
cl-defun