Re: Orgmode + auctex + reftex + preview latex.

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Orgmode + auctex + reftex + preview latex.
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2020 03:29:14 +0100

Hongyi Zhao wrote:

> Orgmode is powerful and great, but if I want to write latex
> from within it, I also want to utilize the capabilities
> supplied by, e.g., auctex, reftex, preview latex and so on.

Hey, as they say, org-mode is for organizing material, not for
producing documents :)

(that's true. they say that)

Not a fan of org-mode ... but TEHO.

> Any hints/notes/comments for the co-operation and
> combination of these tools will be highly appreciated.

If you want to produce a document, IMO the easiest way is to
write in `markdown-mode' and then use pandoc(1) to convert
into whatever format you want.

Unless you want to produce _really_ good-looking documents,
and spend half a lifetime doing it, if so, use
`latex-mode' [1]

For everything else, text is fine.

IMO!

[1] https://dataswamp.org/~incal/borta/borta.pdf