Re: Emacs Secret Service integration and KeePassXC issues

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Emacs Secret Service integration and KeePassXC issues
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2021 13:47:00 +0100

Liam Hupfer <liam@hpfr.net> writes:

> Hi Michael,

Hi Liam,

> Unfortunately, I know little about the Secret Service spec or Emacs'
> implementation beyond basic usage, and I'm not sure how I'd begin to
> debug this. I was wondering if you are capable of trying KeePassXC as
> the secrets provider with Emacs? Specifically (as I mentioned in the
> GitHub comment), I can't do things that write to the secrets collection,
> like creating a secret with secrets-create-item. This means that when
> TRAMP or Eshell prompts me to save a password to my secrets collection,
> it silently fails to create the secret.

Well, I've tried it. I'm running Fedora 33, and I've installed KeePassXC
2.6.3 via dnf.

Stopped the GNOME keyring daemon, started keepassxc. I've created a new
database, and two entries. Then I've enabled the Secret Service
Integration via Setings. And now I'm lost. I don't see any collection,
and so I don't know how to access.

> Liam
>
> PS: I'm new to mailing lists, so please let me know if I've committed
> any faux pas here.

No problem, everything is well as you have done it.

Best regards, Michael.