Re: Proposal: "C-z <letter>" reserved for users

From: Colin Baxter
Subject: Re: Proposal: "C-z <letter>" reserved for users
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2021 10:03:47 +0000

    > C-z is bound to a low frequency use function
    > (suspend-frame)... and speaking for myself, I probably can count
    > on one hand the number of times I've used it in the last 25years
    > :-)

    > I would suggest:1) move suspend-frame to "C-c C-z" (that is still
    > a quick shortcut) 2) reserve C-z <letter> for users That still
    > leaves a whole lot with C-z C-... C-z M-...

As way of an illustration of the legion of different emacs usages, I use
C-z to suspend the frame several times a day. This is because I have an
emacs always open in a terminal and C-z is a simple way of getting back
to the terminal - easier, I find, than opening a shell in the already
terminal-running emacs. C-c C-z is not as convenient.

Best wishes,