Vim project helps in Uganda, Emacs shall be next

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Vim project helps in Uganda, Emacs shall be next
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2021 14:14:04 +0000

Just as Vim users contribute to educational development in Uganda, Emacs users
can contribute too. And we shall make larger project then Vim.

I am now traveling to Abim area in Uganda to speak with chairman about the
project to open up secondary school.

Thus I propose to make the sponsor page, see how Vim does it, similar page we
need from Emacs:

https://www.vim.org/sponsor/

Majority funds would go to developers of Emacs. Small part only is needed for
school and salary of teachers. They are paid about 100-200 bucks per month,
school building is already there, I am going to re-purpose it to become school
of GNU Emacs. We will see what chairmanb of the village will say tomorrow.
People will need water source as well, I have already paid 1000 euro partially
for a drilling rig in Europe. It needs more support.

We have to catch up with Vim humanitarian project and make even better
development in Uganda sponsored by Emacs users.

Please join the action. Emacs shall be by all means better than Vim.

Jean