Re: RMS Setup

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: RMS Setup
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2021 15:14:50 +0100

Tomas Hlavaty wrote:

>> It certainly works but why enter the tiny shop when there
>> is a HUGE one right next to it?
>>
>> It is like learning Czech instead of Russian...
>
> Czech here. Bad logic, why learn Russian instead of Chinese?
> What if your logic is used for text editors? Or operating
> systems? Or anything else? No need to blindly flock.
> Diversity is good.

I agree, the assumption is that both shops are good, of
course :) If one is bad, no matter the size of it, don't go
there :)

What I mean is, for example, that the Russian Federation has
a population of 144 386 830 [1]

While the Czech Republic (or is it Czechia today? do tell,
I don't know) has 10 707 839 [2]

And land area: 17 125 191 km2 vs 78 866 km2 ...

Forest: (in thousand hectares) Czechia isn't even on the
Europe top 17 list! where we can't help to note that

1  Sweden     28 073
2  Finland    22 218

:)

Still, that's nothing compared to the global #1, namely

   Russia    885 000 [3]

And so on.

This is what I mean.

China? What does that have to do with anything? But sure, it
is a big shop alright :)

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russia
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Czech_Republic
[3] https://dataswamp.org/~incal/data/FOREST