Re: Org mode & "literate programming": including files

From: Bob Heffernan
Subject: Re: Org mode & "literate programming": including files
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2021 09:28:33 +0100

On 21-04-07 05:54, Arthur Miller wrote:
> I saw your question on reddit, and I saw somebody already posted you an
> answer. You are looking for `org-babel-lob-ingest`.
>
> Check the SX link posted to you on Reddit, it has what you are asking for:
>
> https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/31999/config-examples-and-use-cases-of-library-of-babel

Arthur,

>From what I understand, the library of babel is a feature to glob
regularly used (named) code blocks into a single file, for use in
other org files.  While this looks as if it could be used to achieve
what I want (first, ingest some code into the library, then use it
elsewhere) I was hoping for something similar to the sort of thing
that is present in most programming language REPLs: load whatever
source file you want, then use the procedures therein.

> Hope it works for you and don't forgett to say thanks to the guy on Reddit.

I'll take a closer look at it and thanks for your help.
(& you're right, I need to go back to reddit and respond!)

Regards,
Bob