Re: law question

From: Christopher Dimech
Subject: Re: law question
Date: Fri, 21 May 2021 23:46:57 +0200

> Sent: Saturday, May 22, 2021 at 9:21 AM
> From: "Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor"
> <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
> To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Subject: Re: law question
>
> Christopher Dimech wrote:
>
> > We would need more details, e.g. the original release
> > license. If it is to be free software the implementation
> > went be different if the two licences are incompatible.
>
> Should we assume the worst-case scenario?

Only if we cannot get all the required information to decide if we can use the
code.

In principle, we should use all legal instruments at our disposal to use the
code.
Have discussed with Richard that we customarily introduce cautionary attitudes
without good reason, which forces some to rewrite code for nothing.