Re: Ideas on Hypertext systems in Emacs needed

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Ideas on Hypertext systems in Emacs needed
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2021 01:46:19 +0200

Jean Louis wrote:

> - The HTML and eww Hypertext is not an option for me, that
>   could be only good for reporting, but not for dynamically
>   bound list of functions to specific hyperlinks; One same
>   link on my side can provide different target depending of
>   the key or function invoked.

The web has been the king for decades, as for dynamic web
there are tons of mature, established technologies, e.g.
PHP (personal home page), Ajax, CGI (Central Gateway
interface, for example C and MySQL) for old-schoolers,
JavaScript (has nowadays similarities with Lisp even I've
heard, isn't the once "shabby-construction web scripting
language with a C++ syntax" people liked to ridicule), as for
pure programming Python has faster devel and more resources
than Perl, you are already familiar with the seekwells, the
once USENET architecture of distribute-to-many (called
propagate) is having a renaissance with Mastodon and is there
called "a federation" (to contrast with P2P which is
peer-to-peer, but also client-server which is a 1:1
relationship), you can do whatever with the web, except for
Gopher maybe. Don't pick some arcane markup which no one else
uses, use whatever everyone else is using only use it better,
otherwise you'll become a desert-penguin pretty fast... try
the Tamagotchi for emotional support.

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal