Re: Going through a list using the minibuffer

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Going through a list using the minibuffer
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2021 21:48:31 +0200

Yuri Khan wrote:

>> Is like this good?
>>
>>   (let* ((gkser '("alpha" "beta" "gamma"))
>>          (gksel (completing-read
>>                  "Choose a Greek letter: " gkser nil t)))
>>     (message "gksel %s" gksel))
>
> Have you tried it? Does it work the way you want? If you
> have and it does, why are you asking me?

The code looks good to me but the names are perhaps a bit
cryptic. This is Lisp, not C or Perl mind you...

The next step should be to write a defun that works for the
general case, so the prompt string and the list of options can
be provided as arguments.

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal