icomplete-vertical-mode not taking effect

From: arvid-harnack
Subject: icomplete-vertical-mode not taking effect
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2021 01:04:16 +0200 (CEST)

Ok.  I decided to take your advice to think more about the problem

Currently (icomplete-mode 1) is necessary.   And (icomplete-vertical-mode 1) is
relatively new.

Could the three wise men ditch (icomplete-vertical-mode 1).

Instead, have a variable one can set (such functionality is already being done
for completion-style).

Users can just put

(icomplete-mode 1)

(setq icomplete-vertical 1)