SLIME and SBCL (Common Lisp)

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: SLIME and SBCL (Common Lisp)
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2021 08:05:51 +0200

Trying to get SLIME and SBCL Common Lisp up-and-running but my
old stuff won't wort. It gets stuck on the count-up
connection phase.

I installed slime and sbcl from the Debian repos and my own,
old conf file looks like this: [last] - I remember it worked,
but now it doesn't, don't remember what I did - found the
README file for it - doesn't say anything how to set it
up, LOL. [second last]

The server isn't up? That's the steel bank's supposed to
be, ey?

OK, Install everything, then what?

Also in the man page for sbcl(1) it says

 Most people like to run SBCL as a subprocess under Emacs.
 The Emacs "Slime" mode provides many convenient features,
 like command line editing, tab completion, and various kinds
 of coupling between Common Lisp source files and the
 interactive SBCL subprocess.

SLIME is the ``Superior Lisp Interaction Mode for Emacs.''

 SLIME extends Emacs with support for interactive programming
 in Common Lisp. The features are centered around slime-mode,
 an Emacs minor-mode that complements the standard lisp-mode.
 While lisp-mode supports editing Lisp source files,
 slime-mode adds support for interacting with a running Common
 Lisp process for compilation, debugging, documentation
 lookup, and so on.

 The slime-mode programming environment follows the example of
 Emacs's native Emacs Lisp environment. We have also included
 good ideas from similar systems (such as ILISP) and some new
 ideas of our own.

 SLIME is constructed from two parts: a user-interface written
 in Emacs Lisp, and a supporting server program written in
 Common Lisp. The two sides are connected together with
 a socket and communicate using an RPC-like protocol.

 The Lisp server is primarily written in portable Common Lisp.
 The required implementation-specific functionality is
 specified by a

;;; -*- lexical-binding: t -*-
;;;
;;; this file:
;;;   http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/emacs-init/ide/slime-incal.el
;;;   https://dataswamp.org/~incal/emacs-init/ide/slime-incal.el

(require 'slime)
(require 'slime-repl)
(require 'super)

(defvar inferior-lisp-program)
(setq inferior-lisp-program "/usr/bin/sbcl --noinform")

(setq slime-lisp-implementations
  '((sbcl ("sbcl" "--core" "/home/incal/sbcl.core-for-slime"))) )

(let ((the-map slime-repl-mode-map))
  (disable-super-global-keys the-map)
  (define-key the-map "\C-\M-n" #'slime-repl-next-input)
  (define-key the-map "\C-\M-p" #'slime-repl-previous-input) )

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal