Re: Quote by Knuth

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Quote by Knuth
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2021 22:06:04 +0200

Jean Louis wrote:

> Maybe Knuth's quote is related to literate programming.

  Literate programming is a programming paradigm introduced by
  Donald Knuth in which a computer program is given an
  explanation of its logic in a natural language, such as
  English, interspersed with snippets of macros and
  traditional source code, from which compilable source code
  can be generated. The approach is used in scientific
  computing and in data science routinely for reproducible
  research and open access purposes. Literate programming
  tools are used by millions of programmers today.
  <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Literate_programming>

It is? Mix English and macros and source to generate code?

Sounds like a bad idea if you ask me but who am I to argue
with millions of programmers?

Anyone has an example of this?

> It is nice to have quotes.

Quote wars!

I start:

  You can fire your arrows from the tower of Babylon, but you
  can NEVER strike God!
  -- Apocalypse, "X-Men: Apocalypse" (2016)
  <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrRPzt8T6J8>

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal