Emacs i18n

From: Christopher Dimech
Subject: Emacs i18n
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2021 12:16:31 +0200

> Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2021 at 9:45 PM
> From: "Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor"
> <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
> To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
> Subject: Re: Emacs i18n
>
> Alexandre Garreau wrote:
>
> > you've been mostly with educated people, not with people who
> > struggle learning, or are in less educated portion
> > of society.
>
> But the case is people don't know it good enough!
>
> You guys on the other hand know it so well you can even do
> professional translations...
>
> So you, the Elysium ones, will attempt to help the ignorant
> masses by translating ... uhm, CS and programming software
> manuals?!
>
> Hey, just a suggestion, shouldn't you elite guys instead try
> to bring literacy, basic math, and punctuality, to your poor
> countrymen that cannot read English 2021?

Should not local schools do that?

I can function in one or two languages, but still not under any obligation
to bring literacy and mathematical expression.  I can certainly bring clarity
but I mostly do it in english.  If one wants to be a disciple of a guru, one
has to go beyond one's limitations, rather than expecting the guru to sustain
their ego.