Re: Create a complete/huge dictionary for aspell.

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: Re: Create a complete/huge dictionary for aspell.
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 09:29:55 +0800

On Fri, Jul 23, 2021 at 9:07 AM Emanuel Berg via Users list for the
GNU Emacs text editor <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> wrote:

> >> $ sudo apt-get --install-suggests install iamerican-insane
> >
> > I installed the above dictionary, but still can't see the
> > completion hints for the word "destigmatize" in the
> > candidate list. See the attachment for more details.
>
> Yeah, but when it comes, and is correct after you carefully
> examine and double-check the word, hit I so it will be in your
> local list forever after. That's how it works, you'll still
> have to do that for a lot of words in the beginning. But add,
> add and add and soon enough that will almost never happen.

I've posted a similar issue [1]. Here I give my some further tries and
testings as described below.

I've created a [personal
dictionary](http://aspell.net/man-html/Format-of-the-Personal-and-Replacement-Dictionaries.html)
which has the following contents:

```
$ cat ~/.aspell.en.pws
personal_ws-1.1 en 2
Telegram
destigmatize
```
This time, the expected word really appread in the correct ispell's
popup dropdown menu, as shown in the attachment. But I still can't
understand the following question: since I've added the correct rarely
used word to the personal dictionary, why we still need the
installation of the big/huge/insane dictionaries, such as
iamerican-insane?

> >> Some interesting stuff for you, perhaps:
> >>   https://dataswamp.org/~incal/emacs-init/spell.el
> >
> > I've browsed through this configuration, but found nothing
> > related to iamerican-Insane dictionary.
>
> No comments...

[1]. https://github.com/GNUAspell/aspell/issues/615

Best regards
Theory and Simulation of Materials
No. 473, Quannan West Street, Xindu District, Xingtai, Hebei province