Re: [External] : Re: Package cl is deprecated

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: Package cl is deprecated
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2021 12:58:51 +0800

On Sun, Aug 1, 2021 at 12:23 PM Michael Heerdegen
<michael_heerdegen@web.de> wrote:

> Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > > Start Emacs with `emacs -Q' (no init file), and I think
> > > `C-h k C-M-s' will tell you:
> > >
> > >   C-M-s runs the command isearch-forward-regexp
> >
> > No, noting returned. I'm using self-compiled git master version of
> > Emacs on Ubuntu 20.04.
>
> I'm using the same on Debian and it works.
>
> What response do you get?  Or maybe you just hit a wrong key?  Or has
> Drew maybe posted the wrong keys?...no, that looks ok.
>
> The key could be occupied by the terminal or the window manager if Emacs
> doesn't respond at all.

Yeah, you're right. That key binding has already been occupied by
gpaste, as shown in the attachment. If I remove it from gpaste,
everything works the way it should in Emacs.

Regards
Theory and Simulation of Materials
No. 473, Quannan West Street, Xindu District, Xingtai, Hebei province