Re: changing font and font size in terminal emacs-27.2

From: Colin Baxter
Subject: Re: changing font and font size in terminal emacs-27.2
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2021 12:28:58 +0100

    > On Fri, Aug 06 2021,Colin Baxter wrote:
    > [snipped 10 lines]

    >> If you are using xterm then set the font in ~/.Xdefaults and/or
    >> ~/.Xresources. For example, I have
    >>
    >> ! Set font and size: XTerm*faceName: DejaVu Sans Mono Book
    >> !XTerm*faceName: Monospace XTerm*faceSize: 10
    >>
    >> For other settings, search the Internet for .Xdefaults
    >> .Xresources. The particular file depends on the Linux flavor. I
    >> have both files identical.
    >>
    >> Hope this helps.
    >>

    > Thanks, I did have that and it seems to have no effect; Been
    > trying various stuff and at this point if I can get the emacs
    > terminal font at 12pt or above I'd be happy. :-)

    > $ xrdb -query|grep emacs emacs*Background: DarkSlateGray
    > emacs*Foreground: Wheat emacs*bitmapIcon: on emacs*cursorColor:
    > Orchid emacs*pointerColor: Orchid emacs.font: DejaVu Sans Mono-12

Using your settings

XTerm*faceName: Cascadia Mono
XTerm*faceSize: 12

in my ~/.Xdefaults, I can get launch "emacs -nw" in an xterm with size
12 font.

I notice that you also have "emacs.font: DejaVu Sans Mono-12" in your
~/.Xdefaults. I wonder if this is interfering when you run emacs in a
terminal? Have your tried commenting out "emacs.font: DejaVu Sans
Mono-12"? Also you seem to be using emacs -nox, have you tried emacs -nw
instead? It may be the latter will work without commenting out the
reference to the emacs font. Try both.

Best wishes,