Re: Let ispell use use multiple dictionaries stored in different files.

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Let ispell use use multiple dictionaries stored in different files.
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2021 06:40:14 +0200

Hongyi Zhao wrote:

> But the sort command will sort them accordingly. Keep in
> mind that the ispell and any autocompletion tools/frameworks
> needs the already well sorted word list file for achieving
> affordable performance when the word list file is huge, at
> least this is the case for Emacs's ispell initialization
> stage. Out of this consideration, I don't want to change the
> occurrences order of the words given in the original word
> list files.

They are sorted, here are the first 10 words of
/usr/share/dict/american-english-insane

A'asia
A's
AATech
AATech's
AAeE
AAeE's
AAgr
AAgr's
AAvTech
AAvTech's
ABEd

so one just needs to find the correct sort(1) options to do
that :) (And if you can't, just sort and see what happens...)

"awk '!a[$0]++' A B" doesn't sort, but that's what you want as
you say.

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal