Re: Find the longest word in the word list file.

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Find the longest word in the word list file.
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2021 04:29:09 +0200

Hongyi Zhao wrote:

>>> But in Emacs, what is the elisp implementation for the
>>> above task?
>>
>> This is one better suited for the shell IMO.
>
> I don't think so. Whether you start completely from scratch,
> with elisp, there are so many selections for doing such
> a thing. This way can give us a deeper understanding of
> algorithms and how computers work.

Uhm, I said that with respect to solving the particular
problem, not get a deeper understanding of anything, but even
so Emacs/Elisp isn't more from scratch than awk. What makes
you think it is?

Well, maybe if you do it from the scratch buffer...

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal