Re: Email Help

From: Jason Sanroma
Subject: Re: Email Help
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021 18:45:22 +0000

On 8/26/21, Leo Butler <leo.butler@umanitoba.ca> wrote:

>> I've reattached the .gnus file does this look good?
>
> Almost. Change .authinfo.gpg to .authinfo since you have not encrypted
> the file (ignore this advice if you are actually using an encrypted file
> and sent an unencrypted simulacrum).

I've edited the file for .authinfo how do it look now? (File attached)

>> When I try to "Get Mail" it just says "No Mail" It also says "RMAIL"
>> on the bottom left, is that correct?
>
> No. Emacs has two email clients, Rmail and Gnus. It sounds like Rmail is
> being started by "Get Mail".
>
> To try out Gnus with your new configuration, start a fresh emacs
> instance and type
>
> M-x gnus RET

When I enter this it says "gnus-read-init-file: Error in ~/.gnus: setq"

Thanks,
Jason

--
*To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider whether
defending the US Constitution against all enemies, foreign or domestic,