Re: show-paren-mode considered for enabling it by default

From: Bird
Subject: Re: show-paren-mode considered for enabling it by default
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 16:47:36 +0545

Dmitry Gutov <dgutov@yandex.ru> writes:

> Hello!
>
> We're tentatively planning to make this the default in Emacs 28.
>
> Users are encouraged to give it a try and tell us now if
> they see a reason to change that plan.
>
> Please either reply to this message, or direct your responses to
> emacs-devel@gnu.org.

Hello,

I think show-paren-mode will be a good thing to turn on by default.

However, if there is some way to use it's functionality buffer-locally
(maybe by some other means rather than show-paren-mode itself), that
should probably be used.

show-paren-mode also highlights on text-mode, fundamental-mode and other
modes which should probably not be done.

However, i think it's a good thing for the defaults to have it enabled.

Thanks.