[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: emacs terminology

From: Y. E.
Subject: Re: emacs terminology
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 14:21:27 +0300

> >
> I don't know how it came to be used, but you can find more info here:
> It says this comes from TECO, and was already in use in the early
> 1960s.  And Emacs is not the only editor using this terminology: vi
> does as well, its command to yank a line is yy or Y.  "Paste" came
> later, in 1970s.

Yes, emacs.SE question also links to the unix.SE in the first comment.

Anyway, the visibility of that answer-in-the-comment at unix.SE was
very questionable, so I added a more Emacs-oriented _community wiki_
answer to emacs.SE (based on the already mentioned comment):

Fixes and improvement are, by definition, welcome from everyone.

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]