Re: `max-specpdl-size' and `max-lisp-eval-depth'

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: `max-specpdl-size' and `max-lisp-eval-depth'
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2021 13:20:55 +0200

> Later a PDA would be a "Personal digital assistant" like the
> Apple Newton which didn't make anyone impressed. But I guess
> they made up for it at least commercially with all the later
> iThings ...

Now the de facto PDAs are the smartphones and they can do much
more that the PDA people could ever imagine, literally, to
a great extent because they couldn't imagine a computer, any
computer, doing what they do today ...

But that's OK, no one else imagined that either ...

Actually, not even the science fiction writers could imagine
even the personal computer revolution! (which happened in the
80s but was based on the transistor from 1947)

Worse, the personal computer revolution took place in the US
and before that the first transistor was constructed by
American physicists John Bardeen and Walter Brattain
(Nobel Prize 1956) at Bell Labs.

So it is even more embarrassing because while maybe the UK and
Japan has science fiction at the US level in terms of quality,
no one comes close in terms of quantity.

Mail SFWA and complain at https://www.sfwa.org/

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal