Re: Lisp books

From: tomas
Subject: Re: Lisp books
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2021 09:06:43 +0200

On Tue, Oct 05, 2021 at 09:43:09PM -0400, Stefan Monnier via Users list for the
GNU Emacs text editor wrote:
> > But not just Emacs Lisp but "History of Lisp"?
>
> Try https://dl.acm.org/doi/10.1145/155360.155373

I learnt to despise those: they have become cookie/javascript
black holes [1] as of late.

> or the director's cut: https://www.dreamsongs.com/Files/HOPL2-Uncut.pdf

*That*'s how links in the Internet are, in my wildest dreams!

Cheers

[1] By default, my browser doesn't do any of them. No, I don't
   think they are after me. But I'm fed up by all that slimy
   stuff, kind of the vacuum cleaner salespeople of the XXI.
   Yes, consider me as a kind of a funny Internet Vegan or
   something. I won't mind ;-D

 - t