Re: Too long completion delay time in LISP interaction mode.

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Too long completion delay time in LISP interaction mode.
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 09:20:38 +0200

Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> writes:

>> I also use corfu but I think now I know what happens.  The thing is
>> that doing M-x profiler-report RET takes much longer (88% of the
>> profiling time) than computing the completion candidates.  That is
>> done in the
>>
>>     45   8% + ...
>>
>> part which you should also expand.
>
> Again, I don't know how to expand it.

You hit RET on the line.

> Anyway, after disabling the hotfuzz, the completion delay has been
> reduced to an acceptable time.

That's what I guessed.  It might make sense to have some fuzzy style
(like hotfuzz or the built-in flex) as last entry in
`completion-styles', though.  FWIW, I use

  (setq completion-styles '(partial-completion substring flex))

and

  (setq completion-category-overrides
        '((project-file
           (styles partial-completion substring initials))
          (file
           (styles partial-completion substring initials))
          (eglot
           (styles partial-completion substring))))

Bye,
Tassilo