Re: Noob dumb question (extending emacs)

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Noob dumb question (extending emacs)
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 06:54:19 +0300

* Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
<help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> [2021-10-25 03:13]:
> Jean Louis wrote:
>
> >> Spoiler: secure password generation is not one of
> >> those purposes.
> >
> > [...] Spoiler is futile. All your base are belong to us.
>
> :)
>
> Mess with the best - die like the rest!
>
> > Password generation is not "random numbers".
>
> Password generation is, to a large extent and to the extent
> that is difficult/critical, random numbers.

There are different ways to make passwords, one of it is random
way. Purpose is to protect access to some digital resource. The
purpose is what is important. You don't need a computer to construct a
password, computers are new in that regard. Use pen and paper. For me
is not convenient with pen and paper in home and office, but in a
public Internet point I would not hesitate using it.

Apart from all hypothetical discussion none can predict the next
password given by (rcd-password) function.

Purpose is fulfilled.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns