Re: Try to understand the ora-company-number function again.

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: Re: Try to understand the ora-company-number function again.
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2021 22:56:22 +0800

On Tue, Oct 26, 2021 at 4:20 PM Emanuel Berg via Users list for the
GNU Emacs text editor <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> wrote:

> Hongyi Zhao wrote:
>
> >     ("<tab>"    . hz-company-search-toggle)
> >     ("<return>" . company-abort)
>
> I write tab "\t" and return "\r" but I don't know what the
> difference is, if any ...
>
> >   :config
> >   (setq company-tooltip-limit 10)
> >  (defun hz-company-complete-number ()
> >     "Convert the company-quick-access-keys to the candidates' row
> > NUMBER visible on the tooltip,
> >      and then feed it to `company-complete-number' to quickly select
> > and insert company candidates.
> >      If the currently entered character is belongs to
>
> is/belongs to

 If the currently entered character is one of the
company-quick-access-keys and a part of the candidates at the same
time,

> > company-quick-access-keys and a part of the candidate simultaneously,
> >      append it to the currently entered string to construct
> >      new company-prefix."
>
> a new

OK. Agree with you.

> >     (company-complete-number
> >      (cond
> >       ((equal k "1") 1)
> >       ((equal k "2") 2)
> >       ((equal k "3") 3)
> >       ((equal k "4") 4)
> >       ((equal k "5") 5)
> >       ((equal k "6") 6)
> >       ((equal k "7") 7)
> >       ((equal k "8") 8)
> >       ((equal k "9") 9)
> >       ((equal k "0") 10)
>
> That doesn't look good to me, you can do
> `string-to-number wither either
> (string-to-number "9")
> (string-to-number "0") I guess

I forgot to simplify the above section in the case of only using
digits as the company-quick-access-keys. The following should be
enough [1]:

    (company-complete-number
     (if (equal k "0")
             10
           (string-to-number k)))

[1]
https://github.com/abo-abo/oremacs/blob/0c5f3284acedc966948cbb930e779af5189fd54e/modes/ora-company.el#L36

> >   (let ((c-a-map company-active-map)
> >     (c-s-map company-search-map))
> >     (mapc (lambda (x)
> >         (define-key c-a-map (format "%s" x) #'hz-company-complete-number))
> >       '(1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0))
> >     (mapc (lambda (x)
> >         (define-key c-s-map (format "%s" x) #'hz-company-complete-number))
> >       '(1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0)))
>
> Cl-loop for with i as an Iterator from 1 to 10 ...
>
> Also put this in the `let' clause so can be reused by us

Tried the following methods, but it didn't work:

  (let ((c-a-map company-active-map)
    (c-s-map company-search-map))

    (cl-loop for x in (number-sequence 0 9)
         do ((define-key c-a-map (format "%s" x) #'hz/company-complete-number)))
    (cl-loop for x in (number-sequence 0 9)
         do ((define-key c-s-map (format "%s" x) #'hz/company-complete-number)))
    )

HZ