Re: Emacs with macOS Big Sur Version 11.6.1

From: Filipp Gunbin
Subject: Re: Emacs with macOS Big Sur Version 11.6.1
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2021 20:20:43 +0300

On 03/11/2021 09:31 -0400, Samuel Banya wrote:

> Hey Kevin,
>
> Not sure if this helps, but here are my old notes from my previous job
> on how I installed Emacs using the 'Macports' version since the
> Macports version is far superior than the regular Homebrew version
> (confusing, I know. It was for me too).

Please don't confuse Emacs Mac Port with MacPorts project.  MacPorts
project is an alternative to Homebrew: https://www.macports.org

And both "normal" Emacs and Mac Port are available via MacPorts:
https://ports.macports.org/port/emacs-app/
https://ports.macports.org/port/emacs-mac-app/

(probably in Homebrew too, but I don't use that)