Re: Poll: best hackable window manager or DE for Emacs-loving freedom ac

From: Samuel Banya
Subject: Re: Poll: best hackable window manager or DE for Emacs-loving freedom activists
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2021 22:34:39 -0400

The reason I mentioned the audio, video, and networking is that if you're
anything like me, you're a person that primarily wants to use Emacs as the
end-all-be-all solution to a lot of things. Therefore, I don't want something
as trivial as the OS I'm using to be in the way. I want it to do its job and so
I don't have to worry about it not working.

To be fair, I just want to boot into Emacs and I'd be happy. Personally,
anything that can run a modern browser like Firefox, a X11 terminal if needed,
and Emacs, is cool with me.

Hope that clarifies things as it DOES take into consideration of what specific
WM or DE you use since in this respect, a DE might be better in these cases so
you can just concentrate on Emacs and "Getting Things Done".

Sincerely,

Sam