Re: Gnus: How to reference an article from a gmane mailing list

From: Michael Heerdegen
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2021 01:10:04 +0100

"H. Dieter Wilhelm" <dieter@duenenhof-wilhelm.de> writes:

> I see, checking some arbitrary post's message ID from emacs-devel:

> But I can't activate or clicking it in message mode, at least in the
> *unsent wide reply...* buffer.

Not in message-mode - but I could click them when reading your message.

AFAIU Gnus silently makes such things to buttons when you read an
article containing such a thing (i.e. plain text, as you just posted).
If I understand correctly, `gnus-article-highlight' and
`gnus-button-alist' are responsible.

I dunno if and how other mail user agents handle such message refs.

Are you happy with what you see when you open your own message (the one
I am responding to now)?

Grüße zum Dünenhof,

Michael.