Re: progn: Symbol’s function definition is void: f-symlink

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: Re: progn: Symbol’s function definition is void: f-symlink
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2021 08:30:29 +0800

On Sat, Dec 18, 2021 at 11:40 PM Philip Kaludercic <philipk@posteo.net> wrote:
> f-symlink is a function defined in the "f" package (a package that wraps
> or composes built-in functionality for file system operations, see
> https://github.com/rejeep/f.el).

Thank you for reminding me of this. In fact I've the following line in
my `.emacs.d/init.el`:

(use-package f :demand t)

But due to my negligence when editing my init file, the above line was
placed behind the problematic code block I mentioned above which cause
the problem discussed here.

> You should be able to fix the issue by replacing `f-symlink' with
> `make-symbolic-link' in the code snippet above.

Thank you for pointing this out. I've tried, and it works.

Regards,
HZ