Re: How does `describe-function' know where the source code of the funct

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: How does `describe-function' know where the source code of the function is?
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 13:46:25 -0500

> Thanks!  This is actually kind of fascinating - on the one hand, it
> seems so fragile, and on the other hand, it works 99.99% of the time...

It's actually the result of a form of machine learning: when the system
fails to work, we get a bug-report which feeds back into improving the
system, so with enough users using the system that gets up millions of
"training data".

The backpropagation algorithm involves actual human brain cells, tho ;-)

        Stefan