Re: backward-sexp throws scan-error "Unbalanced parentheses", but forwar

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: backward-sexp throws scan-error "Unbalanced parentheses", but forward-sexp works
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 12:20:22 -0500

> Do you think it's possible that particular version of aggressive-indent-mode
> exposed a latent bug in emacs' syntax handler?

It's possible.

> Should I open a bug for emacs describing how the issue can be replicated
> using that older aggressive-indent-mode version?

I don't think it's worth the trouble, no: it's a kind of bug that can be
fairly hard to track down, and there's a non-negligible chance that in
the end the error is in that old `aggresssive-indent-mode` code, so the
motivation to spend the time on it is quite low.

It's not like we don't have enough other bugs to fix ;-)

        Stefan