Re: What is special about the minibuffer in regard to font locking?

From: ndame
Subject: Re: What is special about the minibuffer in regard to font locking?
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2022 17:17:09 +0000

> I don't think there's anything fundamental here.
> Probably just code like:

Thanks, I thought it was something more complicated.

And lo! If you go to eval-expression, paste this code
into the prompt:

(progn (setq font-lock-mode t) (emacs-lisp-mode))

and eval it right there in context (C-x C-e) then
the pasted code is font locked.

So syntax highlight works, but it breaks something
else, because then you can't get out of the
minibuffer with C-g for some reason. Probably
because of the mode change?

But you can do an M-x top-level to get out and
then the  minibuffer works again with C-g, because
it's reset to minibuffer-inactive-mode.