Re: Why no setq, eval in a dir-locals?

From: Colin Baxter
Subject: Re: Why no setq, eval in a dir-locals?
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 12:01:22 +0000

Thank you for your reply.

    > Not sure why do you assume that `eval setq' is required for
    > `backup-directory-alist' variable.  It should work the same way as
    > you did for other variables.  Provide variable name, period and
    > value.

    > (backup-directory-alist . (("." . "sub-directory/")))

I did originally have that line ... or at least I thought I did! That
line appeared not to work which is why I was puzzled and went on to use
eval setq. I can only assume that I originally inserted a typo
somewhere.

All is now working satisfactorily.

Thank you for your help. Next time I'll double check for typos.

Best wishes,

Colin Baxter.