Re: Would there be a drawback of using the same graphical toolkit on eve

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Would there be a drawback of using the same graphical toolkit on every platform?
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 08:55:11 +0800

Arthur Miller <arthur.miller@live.com> writes:

> I don't see them saying we won't fix this, nor that Emacs is not
> important, 2315 is still open.
>
> What I also see myself is that for about last ~15 years, it is only
> Emacs users that seems to be affected by this bugs.

Because Emacs is the only program that will be affected by these bugs?
And the program the GTK+ multi-display API was created for in the first
place, AFAIR.

> What I see them say, more or less is help us to help you. I won't say
> it is bug in Emacs nor will I say it is bug in Gtk, I'll just say
> leave some reservation that Emacs could maybe could do something else.
> You seem to be very knowledgable about Gtk and Eli says you know what
> you are doing, have you try to work with them to solve the problem?

What extra help could we offer?  That bug has been trivially
reproducible (and not just via Emacs) for the past 15+ years.

It was even fixed for a few releases of GTK+ before it reappeared.