Re: no to war in Ukraine

From: Jacob Hrbek
Subject: Re: no to war in Ukraine
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 15:10:57 +0000

> It can, and it would, but nobody have shown any example of this happening (like a specific example of a software used by putin’s army). -- Garreau

Putin literally has linux on his PC and russia _runs_ on linux

> I am really, really, deeply sorry, we are in the same shit rn.  I try to keep calm by thinking of it like an abscess we have to burn out at some point.  Putin always have been a threat anyway.  Some solution have to be found.

> Unfortunately, nobody in this list has a solution.  Even your propositions are dummy, inefficient, and misdirected (you were suggesting to remove freedoms of the people oppressed by the same oppressor, and among the most numerous one to protest against him). -- Garreau

I proposed asking yourself an ethical question whether releasing your work could be used as a major enabler in russian military, if yes then take appropriate steps to either de-weaponize it or impose appropriate restrictions to make the software not accessible to them or not as harmful and i proposed integrating a VPN for FSF associate members for FSF to moderate and move our sensitive projects on it.

Note that those are projected to be a _TEMPORARY_ measures so i would even go as far to implement malware that triggers when RU IP is assigned to the system.

--
Jacob Hrbek, In support of ukraine sovereignty #supportUkraine