Re: Font size innacuracies (Windows)

From: Juan José García-Ripoll
Subject: Re: Font size innacuracies (Windows)
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2022 16:16:12 +0100

I don't know. In principle the manual states that one can select pixels
in the name of the font, e.g. in set-frame-font. I tried it and changing
"Consolas:pixelsize=14" to "Consolas:pixelsize=12" does indeed change
the size.

In any case, what bothers me is that (i) even if Windows screws the
conversion, I do not find a suitable point or pixel size that matches
other applications (ii) the density of characters is different, both
vertically and horizontally, despite being monospaced fonts, (iii) the
difference in kerning and spacing is more remarked for variable-pitch
fonts.

Juanjo

--
Juan José García Ripoll