Re: [External] : `let' vs `let*' (was: Re: How do I pass a variable defi

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: [External] : `let' vs `let*' (was: Re: How do I pass a variable defined in a wrapping let, to a lambda?)
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2022 18:16:38 +0100

Drew Adams wrote:

>> would it be a good idea to just have `let' and that would
>> then be the same as today's `let*'?
>
> No. Having both makes it clear(er) to _human_ readers when
> some of the bound variables might depend on others.
>
> Using `let' lets readers know that (at least from the
> binding forms) there are no such dependencies. Using `let*'
> offers a signal that there likely are such dependencies.
>
> It's for us people.

If so it fails for me since one of the most frequent error is
it begins with `let', then should be `let*' but I didn't
change, eval, error. I think ~1/4 of all Lisp errors is
this one?

And everyone has this error more or less frequently!

The other 3/4 errors will remain a mystery tho ...

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal