Query replace question

From: Ergus
Subject: Query replace question
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2022 12:19:52 +0100

Hi:

I am wondering if there is some functionality in vanilla to enable
dynamic match highlight during query replace or query-replace regex
while composing the regex? Similar to isearch lazy highlight,
regex-highlight or re-builder; but for query-replace and the rest of the
replace family?

I feel very uncomfortable not getting a feedback while writing the regex
during the query-replace-regex. Specially when the regex is a bit
complex, uses capture groups or so. I am sure some others have had a
similar experience and I will be surprised that no solution will be
already implemented.

Any idea?
Best,
Ergus