problem with the "You can run the command ..." message

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: problem with the "You can run the command ..." message
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2022 03:01:23 +0200

Try, with a region

  M-x count-region RET

You see the answer in the echo area for only a short while,
then it gets replaced with

  You can run the command ‘count-region’ with M-x cou-r RET

so you can't see the data queried for just one second ago.
Not good!

Solution:

(setq suggest-key-bindings             nil
      extended-command-suggest-shorter nil)

?

(BTW that tip isn't even useful, is it? Are you supposed to do
M-x cou-r RET to save time? If I do something that often, I'd
assign it a keystroke, not memorize some
half-mnemonic/half-senseless cou-r ...)

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal