Re: A certain unicode character makes -git Emacs eat all the CPU and bec

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: A certain unicode character makes -git Emacs eat all the CPU and become very slow.
Date: Thu, 05 May 2022 13:04:21 +0800

Vladimir Nikishkin <lockywolf@gmail.com> writes:

> I am using Emacs-pgtk, commit eaa198cd75ad9cbe4c07532747bcb08516dcc0b2
>
> The gtk system font is "Wen Quan Yi Micro Hei Mono". Not a very

Did you try changing that font to one which is actually useful, such as
Source Code Pro?

> complete font, and its kerning hints are totally broken, but the
> character shapes are quite nice. But I have tried Emacs with
> --no-init-file, and I think that the glyph is rendered with a
> different font (after 5 minutes of grinding), so I am not sure this is
> font-related.

What is the value of `font-log' after you trigger the freeze with the
environment variable `EMACS_FONT_LOG' set?

Also, are you using X or Wayland?  This shouldn't be able to affect
fonts, but X users should not use PGTK.