Re: Spaces rather than tabs by a major mode hook

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Spaces rather than tabs by a major mode hook
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 20:10:03 +0300

* goncholden <goncholden@protonmail.com> [2022-06-11 23:04]:
> No, because there are thousands of files.  That was just an example
> to show how emacs takes over the file, disallowing tabs and certain
> formatting because it assumes that fortran files have a single
> style.  Not true.

I understand that issue.

> That would destroy the possibilities of easily detecting code
> changes.  Only want emacs to recognise that one cannot impose a
> style on legacy code.  It should be able to go along with no style.

How I understand it, you speak of turning off indentation.

Here are some resources for settings:

EmacsWiki: Turn All Indenting Off
https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/TurnAllIndentingOff

clipboard - Completely disable all auto-indentation - Emacs Stack Exchange
https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/14297/completely-disable-all-auto-indentation

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns