Re: Should prefix variable be used in function argument list

From: Philip Kaludercic
Subject: Re: Should prefix variable be used in function argument list
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2022 08:59:15 +0000

Emanuel Berg <incal@dataswamp.org> writes:

>>> No, I don't think there is any general rule here.
>>> Some functions are meant for interactive use only
>>
>> Don't pick up a habit doing that ...

Of course, but sometimes it does make sense to do so (and the `declare'
system allows for that to be done).

> Check out the theory on MVC for why ...
>
> Check out the practice of annoying little Elisp pointers in
> help mode for why ...

I would appreciate it if you could explain what you are talking about
instead of just insinuating points.

> Actually they are useful! So the annoyance should be directed
> at the practice which they try to correct at a later stage.
> That would be more fair.

(Also, why do you always just respond to the list and don't CC the
person you are responding too)