Re: [SOLVED]

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: [SOLVED]
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2022 22:04:48 +0700

On Wed, 27 Jul 2022 at 17:51, Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> wrote:

> Since desktop is part of Emacs it is vanilla.

[…]

> Aha, thanks I did not know that, I really never used desktop that much,
> but can you use list-register and then edit the registers?
> Ok I realized that list-register is not part of emacs vanilla neither.

Is it not? Works for me and I do not remember doing anything for it to
work, and it lives in /usr/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/register.el.gz, so
I guess it’s also vanilla by your definition.

I cannot edit registers directly, but I can insert the text from a
register into a buffer, edit the text there, and copy it back to the
register, and it will be persisted the next time I restart Emacs.