Re: [SOLVED$

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: [SOLVED$
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2022 16:46:08 +0200

>>> "YK" == Yuri Khan <yuri.v.khan@gmail.com> writes:

> On Wed, 27 Jul 2022 at 17:51, Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> wrote:
>> Since desktop is part of Emacs it is vanilla.

> […$

>> Aha, thanks I did not know that, I really never used desktop that much,
>> but can you use list-register and then edit the registers?
>> Ok I realized that list-register is not part of emacs vanilla neither.

> Is it not? Works for me and I do not remember doing anything for it to
> work, and it lives in /usr/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/register.el.gz, so
> I guess it’s also vanilla by your definition.

> I cannot edit registers directly, but I can insert the text from a
> register into a buffer, edit the text there, and copy it back to the
> register, and it will be persisted the next time I restart Emacs.

May I suggest then list-register (found in the package system):
it lists registers and allows to edit them,

There is also register-list
(remember Monty Python:

I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against the Ukraine.
I support the ban of Russia from SWIFT.
I support the EU membership of the Ukraine.