Re: Moving through options with completing read

From: uzibalqa
Subject: Re: Moving through options with completing read
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2022 21:54:26 +0000

------- Original Message -------
On Friday, August 12th, 2022 at 9:47 PM, Michael Heerdegen
<michael_heerdegen@web.de> wrote:

> uzibalqa uzibalqa@proton.me writes:
>
> > Had a go at using TAB, I get "[Sole Completion]" rather than
> > progressing from the first option to the next.
>

> In newer Emacs version it is possible to make TAB cycle through
> completions by customizing `completion-cycle-threshold' (default:
> cycling is off). Maybe that is what you are looking for?
>
> Michael.

No.  I am saying that some argue that TAB cycles through the options, but if
one goes to try it, it does not work like that.  But I can do it using the
arrow keys.  But the manual does not explain that the arrow keys can be used to
iterate through the options provided by completing-read.