Re: Using package-list-packages or list-packages

From: Christopher Dimech
Subject: Re: Using package-list-packages or list-packages
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2022 19:45:09 +0200

----- Christopher Dimech
Administrator General - Naiad Informatics - Gnu Project

Society has become too quick to pass judgement and declare someone
Persona Non-Grata, the most extreme form of censure a country can
bestow.

In a new era of destructive authoritarianism, I support Richard
Stallman.  Times of great crisis are also times of great
opportunity.  I call upon you to make this struggle yours as well !

https://stallmansupport.org/
https://www.fsf.org/     https://www.gnu.org

> Sent: Monday, August 15, 2022 at 5:26 AM
> From: "uzibalqa via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor"
> <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
> To: "help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org" <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
> Subject: Using package-list-packages or list-packages
>
> What is the difference between `M-x package-list-packages' and `M-x
> list-packages'. I am unsure which one to use.

They do the same thing.  One is alias of the other.  If you do not want to use
the alias, call list-packages directly.